When you purchase online, do you worry about your vintage license plates surviving their trip through the mail? We don’t blame you. You have probably received a license plate that was simply tossed into a brown envelope with no padding, leaving it open to damage or bending. And it probably made you kind of mad.
We have received license plates like that, too, and we don’t like it, either. So, put your mind at ease. We understand how you feel. Here is how we handle orders going in the mail.
1. All vintage license plates are placed in appropriately-sized, heavy duty plastic poly sleeves. These are heavy duty 4-mil sleeves that are difficult to tear or rip. Inside these sleeves, the plates stay protected from scratches and scuffs while they are stored or tossed about in the mail.
2. If you are getting a pair of plates which will be in the same plastic sleeve, we place a buffer between the plates. This is a soft piece to keep the plates from banging together.
3. Then, we take TWO pieces of sturdy cardboard and place them on the front and back of your plate, like a sandwich. We tape it tautly to keep it together.
4. The plates are placed in a bubble-lined envelope and securely sealed. They are now, finally, ready for shipment.
5. If they are shipped Priority Mail, your license plates may be placed in a Post Office cardboard envelope.
We get very few complaints about damage in transit. And we are very happy about that!
Here is the video that shows how we do it.
Barb Sistak and Tom Baur
The License Plate Gal and The License Plate Guy
at License Plate Garage
© License Plate Garage. All rights reserved